Thursday, May 28, 2009

Wow! Look at this! Art superstar comic book kingpin Francesco Francavilla did this wonderful piece of fan art of none other than my very own Phantom Skull. I could not be more flattered, nor can I thank him enough. You owe it to yourself to check out at least one of his sites, I personally recommend Pulp Sunday
He's the real deal and if you're not already, you'll be a fan after checking out his stuff.


Here's something I really haven't done to much. I just did this character design and thought I would post the pencils, inks and final color just to show the working process.



You may or may not believe it, but there is ongoing progress on The Phantom Skull. I think I nailed down what I would like to be the back up feature for when this stuff all comes together in book form.
More of that soon. Keep your eyes peeled, thanks for looking and give me a shout if you feel like it.
-G

5 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome

Bob Flynn said...

Fun fan art...great inking job on Francesco's part. I like your gorilla guy, too...and thanks for posting your process. I actually did something similar on my last post :)

Btw, I'll be going to the Tomine/Seth event on Tuesday. Will let you know how it goes.

Anonymous said...

nice.
hope to see the book in a store near
me- soon:)

Francesco Black Coat book
was terrific- very nice piece here as well

Curren Animations said...

Tthese came out awesome, I like seeing the process behind the work.

Steven LaRose said...

Very cool to have someone with chops play your song.

ps. I almost got beat up the other day, forgetting that I was wearing your "I like gay music" shirt to the wrong part of town.